Company: MicroBuild Limited
Job Title: Architectural Technologist
Employment Type: Full Time
Due to continued expansion, a unique opportunity to work for the UK’s leading building estimating company has arisen. MicroBuild is looking for an enthusiastic, experienced Architectural Technologist / Technician to join our industry-leading Technical Services Department.
The successful candidate will be based at the MicroBuild Head Office in Central Manchester, with some opportunity for remote working. Generous remuneration, based on experience, with 28 holiday days (including bank holidays). Holidays rise to 29 days after 1 year and increase 1 day every year up to a maximum of 38 days. The candidate will also receive company medical insurance (after a qualifying period).
Candidates MUST live within an easy commute to Central Manchester, where our Head Office is based, with excellent public transport connections.
Key responsibilities will include working closely with the design team, providing architectural solutions, creating technical drawings and detailing.
Role Requirements and Skills:
- A degree in Architectural Technology.
- ACIAT/MCIAT qualification or equivalent UK experience within an Architectural Practice.
- Residential sector experience, for both new-build and refurbishment
- Must have a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience.
- Must be self-motivated, capable of working independently and as part of a team.
- Must have strong technical knowledge and be fully conversant with current UK Building Regulations.
- Must have strong practical ability in detailing, with patience for developing the best solutions.
- Must have the ability to think ‘outside the box to produce bespoke details.
- Must be highly proficient in the use of AutoCAD, Photoshop and SketchUp
- Must have excellent verbal and communication skills.
Who are MicroBuild Ltd?
The MicroBuild Ltd group of companies are centred around its core operation: Digital Estimating Services. Estimators Online, established in November 2000, has just achieved its 20th year of providing estimating services to the domestic building industry and remain the number 1 company in the UK offering this service. With the ongoing development of new and existing platforms, the Group is quickly expanding and improving. With this expansion, we want to maintain our fundamental values of trust, transparency, fairness and teamwork. All our platforms focus on digitising elements of the domestic build process, while simultaneously helping to put trust back into the domestic building sector.